PeoplesHub is hiring a Communications and Outreach Director
PeoplesHub, a popular education online movement school, is seeking a Communications and Outreach Director.
The Communications and Outreach Director is building off a role formally held by the Director of Development and Communications. We are looking for a skilled individual. The ideal candidate does not necessarily have to have held a director position in the past. This position is ideal for a creative leader who inspires collaboration, thinks about communications like an organizer.
This is a remote/work from home position, involving regular standing meetings online with the team, and possible travel for in-person gatherings and outreach opportunities a few times a year. Please note we are not expecting people to travel unsafely during the pandemic.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the development of multi-faceted communication and outreach strategies designed to build participation in PeoplesHub training programs, grow relationships, generate PeoplesHub’s visibility online.
They will plan and carry out strategies for building participation in PeoplesHub online programs through strategic partnerships and collaborations, social media and other venues. As part of this work, they will also lead the production of written and graphic material and videos, and build a presence for PeoplesHub in movement spaces online.
- Shape narratives and messages to best communicate about PeoplesHub mission, vision, methodology and strategy
- Create or commission, review and copy-edit written communications materials for email, social media, graphics, video scripts, media, website, etc in PeoplesHub brand identity
- Make regular updates to PeoplesHub website and social media platforms with program offerings and related material
- Plan and coordinate PeoplesHub emails, newsletters and social media communications
- Work closely with partner organizations, staff and trainers to build participation in PeoplesHub programs via their networks, and to support the reach and capacity of partner groups
- Explore innovative ways to engage and build a robust training participant community, trainers and partners in collaborative online ways
- Work collaboratively and respectfully toward building team-work, maintaining consistent communication with other teams
- Be invested and interested in working in a participatory leadership organization where contributing to organizational development and care is central to the role
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Willingness to learn and grow as an individual and as a part of a collective member of a participatory leadership organization
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing all individuals and collaborating across differences in race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, record of arrest or conviction
- A minimum of three years of experience in a combination of the following areas: digital communications/organizing, media, strategic communications, training and public relations and grassroots organizing and leadership development
- Experience building a robust outreach strategy and building an online community
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and ability to follow projects through to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others including cross departmentally as part of a team
- Ability to learn new technology and adapt quickly, including asking for help when needed
The ideal candidate will also have some combination of the following:
- Experience with online training and Popular Education
- Experience building grassroots movements
- Deep networks relevant to PeoplesHub’s mission
This position pays $70,645 at 40 hours per week, plus medical benefits and a home office stipend.
PeoplesHub is a remote organization with teams currently based in Kentucky, New York, the Pacific Northwest, New England, California, Appalachia, and elsewhere. This is a work-from-home position, and the ideal candidate could be located in one of these regions or could expand our geographic reach by being located elsewhere.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, a resume, and 3 samples such as a communications strategy, an overview of a digital campaign, event program descriptions or any other media you’ve published, such as videos or social media content—either as attachments (max. 5 MB) or as links—to: Info@PeoplesHub.org. Include “Communications and Outreach Director” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a desired hire date of May 2021.
PeoplesHub is an equal opportunity employer. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ candidates, women, persons with disabilities and persons with past contact with the criminal justice system are strongly encouraged to apply.