PeoplesHub Workshop – Connect online as an individual
Resilience and Restoration: A New Year Workshop
More than ever people and change makers are ready to step into the imagination and try new things, to imagine a different way of building community, making change, living and loving. In this new year workshop, Elandria and Jardana will hold connective space to grieve the challenges and traumas of 2018, to seed intention and vision into 2019, and to connect change agents across the US and world through resilience-based practices, lessons and visioning for the world we want and need, inside and out.
Elandria Williams and Jardana Peacock are part of the core team of PeoplesHub. They have been practicing and building transformative space for change makers together and individually for over a decade. Both build off of Tantric yoga knowledge around subtle body energetics, and bring popular education, cultural organizing and spiritual activism to their facilitation.
Training Length and Type:
90 minutes — Connect as an individual
Monday, January 14 at 9am PT / 11am CT / 12pm ET
Thursday, January 31 at 4pm PT / 6pm CT / 7pm ET
This training is ideal for:
- Folks who want to create an intentional 2019
- People who are busy and often do not take the time to ground in intention
- People who want to start 2019 out with more ease and reflection, who want to do the work differently
- Folks who care about building more resilience and restoration into movements for change
- Those wanting to jumpstart a personal/collective practice towards greater resilience and restoration in their life and work
- Those invested in weaving healing and spirituality into our movements for change
- Folks looking for support to move through overwhelm and burnout
- Folks interested in personal healing and self-inquiry, and how that relates to movement building
You’ll come away with:
- A deeper understanding of body-based healing and knowing
- Art and reflection tools for transformative work planning
- Practices for resilience
- A reshaping of your work and life in 2019 alongside other change makers
What do you do to prepare?
Please choose a location with a strong internet connection, where you are able to speak and listen comfortably. You’ll need a laptop or desktop computer, and headphones.
Come prepared to participate. Bring crayons or markers and a journal as able. Try to show up in a space where you will feel comfortable moving in your body and meditating.
CostPeoplesHub is committed to making trainings accessible, regardless of ability to pay. Our Workshop Trainers are some of the most experienced trainers and organizers who, like you, are working hard for change in their communities. In order to offer trainers fair compensation, the real cost of a PH workshop is $40/person. Please pay what you can afford. Our goal is to ensure our trainings are accessible and to allow folks to “pay it forward.” Thanks for your support! We look forward to learning with you.
Ready to sign up?
Jardana Peacock is the Communications and Outreach Lead at PeoplesHub. She is a spiritual activist and writer, and has worked with thousands of change makers to address trauma from a healing and anti-oppression foundation.
In addition to being Director of Training at PeoplesHub, Elandria also provides development support to cooperatives, mostly in the Southern United States, and is a co-editor of Beautiful Solutions, a project that is gathering some of the most promising and contagious stories, solutions, strategies and big questions for building a more just, democratic, and resilient world.