PeoplesHub Workshop – Connect online as an individual
Movement Chaplaincy: Fortifying Our Work
In this workshop we will explore practices of spiritual care for people involved in social justice movements, and what we would need to shift personally and culturally in our social justice movements to sustain a sense of well being while fighting against systems of oppression.
This workshop is offered in two parts. It’s recommended, though not required, that participants take both parts.
Trainer: Joe Tolbert Jr., minister, scholar, writer and cultural organizer
Training Length and Type:
120 minutes — Connect as an individual
Part 1: Wednesday, February 6 at 4pm PT / 6pm CT / 7pm ET
Part 2: Thursday, February 7 at 4pm PT / 6pm CT / 7pm ET
This training is ideal for:
People involved in social justice movements who are interested in conversations on healing. Healing practitioners who want to understand the intersections of healing and social justice movements. Folks who are interested in wellness.
You’ll come away with:
- An understanding of the role culture plays in the healing and transformation of ourselves and our communities
- An understanding of the effects that fighting for social justice has on your spiritual wellbeing
- An understanding of your default practices and an introduction to developing intentional practices of well being and renewal
You’ll come away with:
- An exploration of what you need to shift personally so you can develop plans for sustaining your intentional practices
- An exploration of the changes we can make in our work for justice so we can center communal wellbeing
- Practical ways to incorporate spiritual care into your community and organizing work
What do you do to prepare?
Please choose a location with a strong internet connection, where you are able to speak and listen comfortably. You’ll need a laptop or desktop computer, and headphones. Please have a journal handy as well.
CostPeoplesHub is committed to making trainings accessible, regardless of ability to pay. Our Workshop Trainers are some of the most experienced trainers and organizers who, like you, are working hard for change in their communities. In order to offer trainers fair compensation, the real cost of a PH workshop is $40/person. Please pay what you can afford. Our goal is to ensure our trainings are accessible and to allow folks to “pay it forward.” Thanks for your support! We look forward to learning with you.
Ready to sign up?
Joe Tolbert Jr.
Joe T. is a minister, scholar, writer and cultural organizer whose work is at the intersections of art, culture, spirituality and social justice. He received his B.S. in Communications from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and completed his M.Div. with a concentration in Social Ethics from Union Theological Seminary in the city of New York. Joe is a sought after facilitator and cultural strategist that works with communities to help them harness the power of art and culture. For more information please visit www.TheJoeT.com