Make It Real, Part A:
Turn Dreams into Strategies
In this 2.5 hour training, you’ll work with others in your community to find the right strategies to make change where you live. You will start by mapping power in your community, and identifying the power your group already has. Then your group will assess what strategies are working and determine new strategies and approaches for even greater effectiveness. Finally, we will explore how to build Resistance, Resilience, Restoration and Reimagination into your thinking and planning.
2.5 hours (not including set-up time)
This training will be available beginning in January 2018. Talk to your trainer to set a date and time that works for all.
If you take ‘Part A’ and ‘Part B’ together, total time is 5 hours. We recommend building in a lunch or dinner break!
Our trainer will meet you online, and take you through a process that will help you get clear. Come prepared to share your stories and ideas — the wisdom and experience you already have in your group is the foundation.
This training is ideal for:
Groups of 5 to 40 that are working together locally — both new and established groups.
By the end of this training, you will have:
- Creative tools and practices for imagining what is possible
- A shared sense of what your group has to offer and what you want to accomplish
- Tools for evaluating the effectiveness of your current strategies and imagininging new approaches
- A first draft purpose statement for your group
- Next steps you can take to build collective power
During our start-up phase, we ask only for a voluntary donation to help cover the trainers’ expenses. Please plan to make a donation of between $10 and $300 for the group, depending on:
- your group’s size and ability to pay,
- the value of the training to you, and
- your desire to support this training opportunity for others.
What do you do to prepare?
Please choose one or two people to work with the trainer on setting a time, establishing an internet link, and managing the space where you’ll meet.
You’ll just need a place to gather; a laptop, tablet, or phone; and an adventurous spirit! Maybe some popcorn.