Make It Real, Part B:
Objectives, Tactics, and Timelines
This training will use a popular education and organizing process and a community success story as grist for filling out your plan to win. You’ll create objectives and explore a wide range of tactics, and choose ones that fit with your values, your group, and your community. You’ll explore how your group can craft plans and actions more effectively that center those most directly impacted while honoring the needs of your community. By the end of the training your group will have goals, objectives, tactics, and a timeline with next steps that can help you win.
3.5 hours (not including set-up time)
This training will be available beginning in January 2018. Talk to your trainer to set a date and time that works for all.
If you take ‘Part A’ and ‘Part B’ together, total time is 5 hours. We recommend building in a lunch or dinner break!
Our trainer will meet you online, and take you through a process that will help you get clear. Come prepared to share your stories and ideas — the wisdom and experience you already have in your group is the foundation.
This training is ideal for:
Groups of 5 to 40 that are working together locally — both new and established groups.
By the end of this training, you will have:
- Greater understanding of Popular Education and Organizing rooted in the 4 Rs: Resistance, Resilience, Restoration and Reimagination
- A plan of action that is grounded in your shared values and your community context
- Tools you can use to develop objectives, tactics and timelines that fit your needs
During our start-up phase, we ask only for a voluntary donation to help cover the trainers’ expenses. Please plan to make a donation of between $10 and $300 for the group, depending on:
- your group’s size and ability to pay,
- the value of the training to you, and
- your desire to support this training opportunity for others.
What do you do to prepare?
Please choose one or two people to work with the trainer on setting a time, establishing an internet link, and managing the space where you’ll meet.
You’ll just need a place to gather; a laptop, tablet, or phone; and an adventurous spirit! Maybe some popcorn.