PeoplesHub, a start-up online movement school, is seeking a Program Administrator.
PeoplesHub is founded on the idea that powerful change happens beginning at the grassroots, when people have the capacities, connections, and confidence to step up. PeoplesHub supports that grassroots leadership through online trainings for groups, workshops for individuals, and PeoplesHub Circles for discussion.
The Program Administrator will work with PeoplesHub overall and specifically the Training and Outreach Teams, and the organization as a whole to ensure successful management of administrative systems. While this position will focus on supporting the programmatic work of the organization, the position will also manage the Human Resources functions of this small start up nonprofit organization in partnership with our fiscal sponsor Social Good. This position reports to the Director of Training.
This position is ideal for a creative and detail oriented social justice person who believes that backend administration work is their service to the movement yet understands trainings and training organizations. This is a virtual/work-from-home position, involving online meetings with the team and in-person gatherings a few times a year in different parts of the United States.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support and manage the programmatic administrative functions of PeoplesHub and overall organizational administrative functions.
Administer Logistics for Programs – workshops, trainings and circles
- Monitor online signups, correspond with participants and groups, answer questions
- Answer PeoplesHub phone
- Maintain e-commerce systems
- Manage Accounts Payable including managing payments for trainers and contractors with support from the Training Team
Internal communications and meetings
- Maintain PeoplesHub calendars
- Set zoom meetings for PH Core team, and invite/update as needed
- Manage logistics for in-person gatherings of core team, staff, and trainers
- Work collaboratively and respectfully toward building team work, maintaining consistent communication among teams
Manage and build internal systems
- With the help of consultants and staff, develop PeoplesHub Database, train others in its use, update it, and manage modifications
- Manage technology accounts including LastPass, email accounts, YouTube channel, and zoom including zoom recordings of trainings and circles
- Support Human Resources including Organizational Policies, Personnel Policies, and liaison with Social Good, PeoplesHub’s fiscal sponsor, around Benefits, Payroll Administration.
- Manage contracts and payments to contractors
- Track expenditures against budget
- Support Outreach and Communications Lead around updating website and other external communications
- Support Executive Director and Training Director in fundraising and development for both small donation administration and grants
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of three years of experience in a combination of at least some of the following areas: administration, human resources, database development or management, gathering logistics, and accounts payable
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing all individuals and respecting differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, record of arrest or conviction.
- A demonstrated commitment to racial justice, economic justice, gender justice, environmental/climate justice and grassroots based movements for change.
- Organization, Structure and Systems are your Jam
- Ability to manage technical systems, to learn new technology and adapt quickly, including asking for help when needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, in writing and verbally, to a wide variety of audiences
- Successful experience supporting nonprofit or ethical small business administration or training organization
- Compassionate and patient
- Strong organizational skills, problem solver, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and ability to follow projects through to completion
- Can work with a wide range of work styles and thrive in a support role
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others including cross departmentally as part of a team and be willing to contribute to organizational development.
The ideal candidate will also have some combination of the following:
- Experience with online training and popular education
- Experience with grassroots organizing and movements
- Deep networks relevant to PeoplesHub’s mission
- Experience updating website content
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar database platforms
- Budget tracking
- Experience with grassroots and/or foundation fundraising and reporting
- Translation and/or interpretation coordination
- Fluency in English and one other language
This position pays $26-$28/hour, 40 hours per week, plus benefits including vacation; sick days; health, dental, and vision coverage; optional retirement. The annual rate is $54,080-$58,240.
PeoplesHub is a virtual organization with teams currently based in Seattle, Detroit, Indiana, Kentucky, Appalachia, and elsewhere. This is a work-from-home position, and the ideal candidate could be located in one of these regions or could expand our geographic reach by being located elsewhere.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, a resume, and 1-2 samples of your work—either as attachments (max. 5 MB) or as links—to: Info@PeoplesHub.org. Include “Program Administrator” in the subject line. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and interviewing candidates in February and early March, with an intended start date of March 11, 2019. Job search closes February 28, 2019, or when position is filled.
PeoplesHub is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ candidates, women and trans/gender queer, persons with disabilities and persons with contact with the criminal justice system are strongly encouraged to apply.